Friday, January 4, 2013

A New Year

As I type this post I think of things to come in the year of 2012.  The beginning of a new year always makes me reflect on past years (good times and bad), and also look forward to what may come in the new year.  We never know what will happen each year.  As I type this I think of several people I know of who have passed away in the last week unexpectedly.  I know it may seem cliche, but when they woke up in the morning, I'm sure they didn't think that that particular day would be their last day on earth.  When someone passes very quickly, it always reminds me how important it is to make the most of each day, and more importantly to make sure our hearts are right with Christ.   

I love the Carrie Underwood song, So Small.  This verse below so describes me a lot of the time.


It's so easy to get lost inside a problem that seems so big at the time
It's like a river a that's so wide it swallows you whole
While you’re sitting round thinking 'bout what you can't change and worrying about all the wrong things
Times flying by moving so fast you better use it all cause you can't get it back
I can get obsessed with things such as my health, my child's health, dirty laundry, potty training, etc.  All my worrying and obsessing doesn't do one lick of good.  So this year, I want to try enjoy each day the the Lord blesses me here on earth.  I want to take the time to be gracious and enjoy all of the SMALL things about my precious children.  I want to try my best to make each day count.  I know there will be ups and downs, and there will days when I want to scream and pull my hair out, but at the end of those days, I hope I can count my blessings and realize all God has done for me.  I hope anyone who will read this has a wonderful 2013 where they won't sweat the small stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment