Friday, December 7, 2012

Praying for my Children

Praying for your children is so important.  I feel like praying for my boys daily is the one of the greatest gifts I can give to them.  Today I was on Facebook and the christian author, Lysa TerKeurst, posted the comment below and I really love it. 

Here are 3 prayers that I pray over my kids every day:

* I pray they grow up to be some of the most godly people in their sphere of influence.

* I pray that they would be caught when they make wrong choices. 

* I pray that God would save them from the wrong friends and save them for the right friends. And that goes for their future spouses as well.


I have currently been reading the Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartin.  She really encourages parents to pray for their children using scripture.  She always encourages you to make a prayer list/journal over things you should pray for your child each year.  I agree with Lysa and always try to pray for my boys to have godly friends and godly spouses.  Friends are so important in guiding the path of your life.  I truly feel God has blessed me with many wonderful friends who have encouraged me spiritually and guided me down the right path.  I have also had other relationships that were not a good influence on me.  If my boys read this one day, I hope you will look at your relationships closely and ask yourself and God if you are surrounding yourself with the right kind of friends.  We talk about this verse a lot in my bible study and I love to pray it for my boys and others-

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 


No comments:

Post a Comment