Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Jackson is FOUR!

Wow, I just can't believe in a few days my first born will be four years old.  I know I must say it all of time but I can't believe how the time has flown by.  The pictures below fit his personality right now.  He loves to draw and make silly faces.







Jackson-
It seems just like yesterday I was being admitted to the hospital about to deliver you.  You were such a wonderful great sleeping baby, other than your reflux the first few months you were a very happy baby.  Overall, you have been a pretty tame toddler and preschooler (minus your whiney stages, but according to Mimi you get that from me.)  You are still a very observant boy which I love (especially since your Daddy is not!)  You always notice when I have my hair done or when I paint my toe nails a different color.  You always notice my jewelry.  In the last year, you have become a lot more snuggly and affectionate.  I love when you run up to me and give me hugs and kisses out of the blue.

You have been doing the cutest thing lately when you are excited about something.  Some days when we are going to school, church, or a party you will say "Mommy, I just can't stop smiling, I'm so excited!"  You like to sing, but you have been really shy about doing it in front of other people right now.  You and Will love to sing Katy Perry's song Roar to the top of your lungs in the car.  Your favorite church song is Who is the King of the Jungle.  You are still really tall and skinny.  You haven't been eating much of anything lately.  You have had a really small appetite lately, so it has been hard for me to find pants that will fit you, especially since you only like to wear pants with elastic waists.  You love going to school and will do a lot more for your teacher than you will for me at home.  You pretend like you don't know your letters and bible verses at home, but at school Mrs. Crystal says you know them, You little stinker!

You love your brother, but at times you can not keep your hands off of one another.  You are either wrestling or sword fighting with some type of kitchen instrument or our toy swords.  You get so frustrated with him when he wants a toy you are playing with or he just won't leave you alone when you are concentrating on something, but if he is hurt or really upset about something you are really protective over him.  If he is not home for some reason which is really rare or if he is sleeping, you always miss him.

Right now you love to play with play dough, and you still love books.  You are soooo excited about Christmas.  You love the Christmas tree and you talk to me about the ornaments every day since we put it up this week.  Your other favorite things include Star Wars, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, robots, superheroes, and ninjas.  Your favorite shows are Calliou, Little Einsteins, Sofia the First, and Henry Huggle Monster.  Your favorite movies right now are Pocahontas (I really can't figure this one out, but for some reason you and Will want to watch this a lot.  It's not a bad movie, but it doesn't seems to have that much excitement for preschoolers.), The Incredibles, Monsters Inc., and Return of Peter Pan.  Your favorite foods are fruit, pasta, and chicken nuggets.

I'm so excited to see the little boy you are becoming.  You are definitely out of you toddler stage.  You are such a precious gift, and I just love you soooooo much!  I pray God will protect you, and you will grown into a strong Christian man who has a passion for learning about the bible and serving others.


No comments:

Post a Comment